1/2 cup Ralston Family Farms Golden Rice
3 cups milk
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. In a large, heavy saucepan combine rice, milk, cream, butter, cinnamon and sugar. It will look like a lot of liquid, but it will cook down. Rice pudding has a fairly creamy consistency.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil over a medium high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the rice is tender and the milk and cream are reduced. This should take about 30 to 40 minutes. It is important to keep an eye on the pudding while it cooks and give it a good stir occasionally to keep it from sticking to the bottom of the pan, especially toward the end of the cook time when the mixture begins to thicken.
3. When the pudding is done, remove it from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Serve immediately sprinkled with cinnamon and the topping(s) of your choice! Rice pudding may also be served cold.
MAPLE CANDIED WALNUTS INGREDIENTS
1 cup walnut halves
pinch sea salt
1 Tablespoon butter
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
1. In a small cast iron skillet over medium low heat, melt the butter, then stir in the maple syrup.
2. Add in the walnuts and cook, stirring constantly, until walnuts are coated and syrup is caramelized, about 5 minutes.
The walnuts can burn easily so keep your eye on them the whole time.
TEA-SOAKED DRIED APRICOTS
Soak dried apricots, as many as you need, in hot chamomile or chai tea for 15 minutes, then remove the apricots from the liquid. This helps to rehydrate the apricots and adds lovely flavor.